“Girl, enjoy the journey!” – Me to myself every single day!
I am not one for new year’s resolutions, but I am all about creating a vision board (and executing those visions). I have learned that the simple act of writing out your goals (even short term goals) help engrain them into your brain a little better. And when things are on your mind, you are more likely to take steps to make them happen.
Your 2020 vision board does NOT need to be fancy, or digital, but you do need to write it out.
I feel like so many of my ideas start with a mental “header”, and have no bullet details underneath. I am great at coming up with ideas, but horrible at knowing the steps to make them happen.
This year, my goal is to create those bullet points using as much detail as possible. That way, when I’m feeling stuck, I can access those bullet points and guide myself back to the path. I have included some examples below…
My 2020 Vision Board Example
As you can see on my vision board, my word of the year is SIMPLIFY. I want to tie that word into every category that I listed on the left side of my board, so I need to figure out how I can simplify my FAMILY, TRAVEL, LIFE, and BUSINESS so that I’m able to enjoy the journey more.
Often times we are worried about the destination and we forget to enjoy the journey. It sounds so cliche, but it’s so dang true. The journey is all that in-between time from birth to the end of your life, so enjoy the f*** out of it, y’all.
Here are some of the ways I want to simplify:
- Create a better routine
- Wake up at the same time every day
- Eat dinner at the same time every day
- Spend quality time with each other
- Watch movies together
- Take walks together
- Play more games
- Unplug more
- No phones after “x” time
- No iPads during school days
- Don’t stress about traveling so far
- There are so many beautiful places nearby that I haven’t seen
- Absorb every little trip
- Take in every little details of each trip
- Travel more with my family
- Take on big trip every year
- Exercise more
- Eat more whole foods
- Drink more water
- Conquer anxiety
- Learn to live with less
- Quality over quantity
- Capsule wardrobe
- Smart home upgrades
- Learn something new
- Create a daily routine
- Niche down
- Provide more tangible takeaways for brands + readers
- Create a plan for Travel to Table (for 2021)
- Write every day on For The Frill Of It
- Keep eyes open for a pivot opportunity with The Naptime Reviewer
- Attend one conference
- Double my income from last year
- Increase blog traffic
- Spend less useless time on social media
Since I am more of a “hand written” type of person, I will be writing all of this out on paper to stare at all year long.
You also might notice an accountability section on my vision board (above). I plan to create a system to keep myself accountable (which will most likely be hand-written, as well).
Cheers to a productive 2020 – and a happy new decade!